Star Atlas is an open-world, space exploration metaverse video game set in a galactic universe, with player acquisition and identity. Players sail ships, involve in trade, commerce, and fight with other players over resources that are in short supply. Players in Star Atlas metaverse can trade, acquire and make non-fungible tokens (NFTs) within the Star Atlas universe thus getting the feeling that shows the ownership of real-world assets.
Star Atlas, the video game metaverse with space strategy theme is founded by Michael Wagner, who is also the CEO of Star Atlas. Star Atlas is an AAA multiplayer online role-playing game based on Solana and developed with the Unreal 5 engine. The project is a high-quality chain game created by a team of over 50 people.
AAA game refers to other high-quality games and large investments, which is a hallmark of the game series space. Here announcing the point, that is, the high quality of the game does not mean that the game is really fun, it can only mean that the image quality and investment of the Star Atlas game is the highest category in the game series.
Michael Wagner used to be part of the gaming group in high school and was a long-time gamer. He along with his teammates sat one weekend and started conceptualizing what can be a possible premiere product in blockchain gaming. Most of the products on the market at the time were based on gameplay: rotation games,card-style games, usually with low-quality graphics. They felt that there was an opportunity to develop something that was really new and unique which the users have not experienced before. Thus, this led to the birth of Star Atlas. They took the remainder of those six months of 2020 to go through some pre-production plans and decided what the product will look like. They planted seeds at the end of the year and officially started in January 2021.
Serum, Alameda Research, and Moonwhale Ventures, with the participation of LD Capital, Republic.co, BiXin Ventures, and Crasolum closed a 6 million seed cycle on January 28, 2021. Star Atlas created IDO for both Apollo-X and Raydium, as well as IEO for FTX, raising an estimated$ 1.5 million on September 1, 2021.
Four different types of gamers come under Star Atlas, namely: Killers, Achievers, Explorers and Socialisers.
1. Killers: They disrupt the game world or the gameplay experience of others.
2. Achievers: Collect status tokens by overcoming game-based challenges in the game world.
3. Explorers: Discover systems that control the operation of the game world.
4. Socialisers: Build relationships with other players by telling stories in the game world.
StarAtlas uses two tokens (ATLAS, POLIS) and is currently live on the secondary market.
1. ATLAS are in-game tokens or in-game currency which have various uses.
· BuyNFT assets: ships, crew, parts, land and equipment, and other game items.
· Mining equipment, spacecraft, and repair costs are paid by ATLAS.
2. POLIS are governance tokens that are further divided into “in-game governance” and “out-of-game governance.”
· In-game Governance- POLIS management has a high position in the Star Atlas game and can control the behavior of other players and can initiate votes to correct game in-game inequalities.
· Out-of-gameGovernance- You can vote to adjust service level, inflation rate, etc. in the game.
Star Atlas unveils the next phase of its Galactic Asset offering which includes a series of ships in the middle of the Unreal Engine 5 rolling game.
Animoca Brands invested $3 million in Star Atlas.
Star Atlas made the way for the future of the NFT-based blockchain game industry. NFTs platform integration, blockchain technology, and real-time gaming knowledge are a good start in connecting players to a successful DeFi-enabled economy.
With the ATLAS token, players will be able to acquire NFTs and trade them in an open marketplace. They will also be able to travel to discover hidden treasures.
To complete the whole experience, Star Atlas will use real-time image technology using Unreal Engine 5's Nanite, thus giving players a unique video playback experience.